Mobile app development is a rapidly growing field all over the world. Whether you are developing a new app for one of your clients or you are developing it for your own business, in most of the cases you need to build it for at least 3 major mobile platforms Android, iOS, and Windows.
Now, it is quite baffling whether you should make it Native, Hybrid or Web app. Before you come to the decision, let’s have a brief overview of these three app types.
Native apps are usually developed to work on a single mobile platform using the native programming language. For instance, Java for Android, Objective-C for iOS and .net for Windows. Once, the app is developed and launched, it can be installed from the Google play (For Android), iTunes App store (For iOS) & Microsoft app store (For Windows).
• Easily available in standard play stores
• Offers better security and performance level
• With native apps, it is easier to integrate all the mobile device features such as camera, GPS, fingerprint security, sensors, gyroscope and much more.
• One of the biggest drawbacks of developing a native mobile app is that it requires separate efforts to develop for each of the platforms (iOS, Android, Windows).
• Some of the native apps are often too expensive
• Offer more customization options for users
• Often requires less development time compared to a fully native mobile app
• The use of web technology (HTML 5 and CSS 3) in Hybrid apps makes it much easier to develop than the native one.
• Can support for dynamic content
• Because the web technology is almost similar for all platforms, it is possible to reuse the code without the need to start from scratch.
• May get rejected by app stores
• Not as fast as Native apps
• It is difficult to make a very complex app with Hybrid structure
• Common for all users, irrespective of hardware or operating system
• No need for approval from different app stores
• Requires less cost of app development
• Have very limited access to the mobile hardware features
• As the web apps are not listed on the standard play stores, it might be typical for users to find them.
Before you make a decision, you need to think about some important factors such as cost, time frame, the performance requirement, type of app, etc. In many cases, Hybrid would be the right choice whereas some other high-performance app may only need to be native. If you can afford to pay for all native (Android, iOS, and Windows) developers and you are not restricted for the time, then it’s great to make it native. But if you have limited resources and money, then it would be a wise decision to go with Hybrid or Web app.
In conclusion, the choice of application type completely depends on your expectations, budget. and time-limit. Native mobile applications may provide you the best user experience but need more efforts and time. On the other side, Hybrid apps are quite inexpensive but need to be carefully developed for all platforms. Actually, there is no one size fits all solution, decide your own business needs and make the right choice.
My name is Hemendra Singh. I am Managing Director and co-founder of The NineHertz, a Mobile App Development Company. I am having a keen interest in the latest trends and technologies that are emerging in different domains. Being an entrepreneur in the field of IT sector, it becomes my responsibility to aid my audience with the knowledge of latest trends in the market.
Get the latest insights of technologies, trends, and market. Learn More and Stay Ahead.
In this modern era, when people around the world choose to make trade online for any of their store or website requirements. Businesses and enthusiastic entrepreneurs are making their way…
PHP is a free to use, open-source, server-side scripting language. It was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 as just basic Perl Scripts for personal use. PHP has become the…
925 Battery Ave SE,
Atlanta, GA, United States 30339
727 Forum Apartments, Apt #705W, Martin Luther King Dr W,
Cincinnati, OH 45220
6 Petersham Cl,
Sutton, United Kingdom
Unit 2, 32 Homebush Road,
Strathfield, New South Wales Australia -2135
Apartment 512 Building 49, Discovery gardens,
P. No.31, Shree Krishna Tower, Nirman Nagar- E, Ajmer Road, Opposite Asopa Hospital,
Jaipur (Raj.) India-302019