Dream11 is one of the most popular and trending fantasy app in the Indian subcontinent. It has emerged to become one of the biggest names in the fantasy sports genre of mobile applications. With more than 20 million active users, Dream11, as a result, continues to lead the fantasy app crusade. This application is popular because it allows the participants to win some quick money.
Since it is allowing users to choose from a wide range of sports, thus, it is significantly more admired. From football to ice hockey and cricket to basketball, Dream11 features games of all these sports tournaments played all over the world. So based on the area of expertise, users will be able to play efficiently. Over time several Dream11 clone apps have emerged as well which testifies how popular it is.
If the participants have the right knowledge and skills, they can win a significant amount of money from each game they play. Are you planning to develop an app like Dream11? However, you must understand that it is not an easy task to start a fantasy app development project.
Sports has a sky-high fan following around the world. Every sport has its separate fan base and fans are going crazy behind it. With the ages, the fans have found different ways to show their love and engagement in their chosen sport. By wearing customized sport outfits, by clicking selfies with the cutouts of their favorite sports star, by inking tattoos, by creating unique hashtags and what not have showcased the craziness to the sports industry. Every fan loves his favorite sport and has discrete goals for it. In recent times, we heard a new way of engaging in sports through apps. It has a simple agenda, “Get paid for the right guess!”
Yes, it is the most electrifying app among youngsters nowadays is Fantasy Sports App.
People from all over the world take part in the online leagues conducted by the app and earn on the right prediction. Between the year 2014-2017, 20% population from the USA and 18% population from Canada have involved themselves in playing fantasy sports. The users are showing high interest and soon the user graphs will rise to 50+ for sure. On average, the fantasy sports app player earns $162 from Daily fantasy and $257 from the traditional league.
As previously discussed, people love to spend on the teams, 206% has been raised on spending on materials to help the fantasy team from 2012 to 2015.
The ratio of new users is increasing rapidly. It is reported that 90 lacs new players are entering between the years 2013 to 2015.
A young generation got influenced by the trend of fantasy Sports, that’s why 54% of the players between the 18 years to 34 years are an active user of it. For the initial level, the app includes major sports. With the increase of players, it has increased the number of sports and added various ease to its users. In India, Dream11 is the popular fantasy app that is purely based on cricket sport.
The introduction of AR in fantasy development has taken its value to the next level. Feel as if you’re in the game through this technology. The crowd across the world is turning crazy for this AR fantasy sports experience. Soon we will gear up with more of such thrilling experiences. Technology is stepping up to new innovations and fantasy apps will get improvised with the transformation. You never know when and which technology pops up to Fantasy sports in the future.
1. Indian Premier League (IPL): Cricket has made the golden place in the hearts of Indians. The zeal of the people in India during the cricket season is immeasurable. The land of the diverse populations seems to have one religion during the cricket leagues, i.e., Team India. The game holds the chapters in Indian history and is close to the heart of Indian culture. In 2008, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) came up with a festival for cricket-lovers and launched the India Premier League (IPL).
According to BCCI, IPL has contributed more than twelve thousand billion to the Indian economy. The leagues declare the team of different state and new players from every state are invited. It is a great opportunity for the beginners to showcase their talent and get a ticket to the Indian Cricket Team. The famous players from all over the world play in the team.
The prize money of IPL states up to approximate 40 crores as prize money. When mentioning the further scope, the league will create a major impact on the tourism and hospitality industry of India. Several flight tickets, revenue from tickets, numerous hotel rooms get booked and the huge chain of transport get occupied affirmatively during the IPL. With the span of time, IPL has led to a big bash celebration in the Indian cricket industry.
2. BBL (Big Bash League): Jam-packed seats can be observed during the BBL in Australia. The Big Bash League was introduced in 2011 by Cricket Australia. The famous food brand “KFC” sponsor it since its inception. In IPl, the team is owned by celebrities, but in BBL, the Cricket Association of Australia takes charge of all the team and their franchises. It comes under the Top 10 most attended Sport leagues in the world. The cricket leagues were not stopped at the men.
Yet, the tournament for women was also inaugurated in the year 2011 with the same rules and concessions. This lead to creating a fabulous revenue for the Australian economy. BBL was the first league to preface the electronic bails and stumps. The league generated revenue from ticket and broadcasting. The league was broadcasted on ten networks and had a long-term contract. BBL giveaway exciting rewards and prize money to its winners and runner ups.
I Place: $450,000
II Place: $260,000
III and IV Place: $80,000
3. Natwest T20 Blast: Since England’s history and cricket have a deep connection. The Cricket league in England is outdated as glamorous IPL and BBL has takeover it in terms of every factor. The fact says the T20 tournament was first introduced by England. The England and Wales Cricket Board organizes the league with a total of 18 first class countries who compete for three months and are quite messed up to manage the schedule. Considering the country has a complexed domestic structure, it manages to generate the revenue of GBP 5-7 Million through broadcasting. Every year, eight cities plan to host the league. The ECB is suggested to privatize the league to produce better revenue.
4. Caribbean Premier League (CPL): The CPL league is replaced by the old domestic T20 tournament and is sponsored by Indian Company, “Hero MotoCorp”. The league has connections with various renowned celebrities such as Shah Rukh Khan, Richard Branson, Hollywood star Wahlberg and much more. When comes to revenue, the main source of wealth for CPL is broadcasting. Over 15 countries are in the chain of broadcast with an average of approx 2018 million global audiences annually.
5. Pakistan Super League: PSL was founded in 2005 with 5 teams which now consists of six teams and is hosted by cities of Dubai and Sharjah. Pakistan Cricket Board has followed the city-based franchise model and revenue the sold for USD 93 million with the ten years of the contract. Overall, PCB is earning USD 2.6 million as the annual profit and figures are rising every season. Since the tournament is held in the Middle East, PCB is facing radical loss due to the high maintenance but reports say, it is still making good and satisfying revenue.
|League||Brand Value||Combined Prize Money||Combined Team Purse||Broadcasting Rights|
|IPL||$4.16 bn||$6.1 mn||$98.36 mn||$3.2 bn|
|BBL||$2.8 mn||$16 mn||$100 mn|
|$2.6 mn||$45 mn||$120 mn|
|CPL||$102 mn||$1 mn||$4.8 mn|
|PSL||$150 mn||$1 mn||$7.2 mn|
The cricket enthusiast has shown their love towards the cricket by adapting the new fantasy sports app and has rushed on the app with the registrations. The figures of users and fantasy sports app in India has scaled up to a large level. In a result of this, Dream11 app is voguish in the fantasy sports app industry of India. We came up with the facts and figures, from which you can easily analyze the value of fantasy app has gained in India.
In this article, we will discuss in details about some essential tips that will help you in creating such an app.
Every popular app has several versions launched by different companies in the market. Let’s say, there is a lot of food ordering app but only a few are recommended by people. There is plenty of wallet app that has been launched in the market but only a few are highly valued and used. Why does it happen? Do other apps doesn’t work fast? Well, the reason behind the success of the app is its features and functionality. The more good features comprise by the app and the more popular it gets among the people.
In the case of fantasy sports app development, there are basic features that are followed by every app development company. But, the success trophy is own who gives extraordinary features in the app. Let’s discuss the basic as well the advanced features that every fantasy app must have.
Above were the basic which makes your app, an ordinary app to launch for. But who needs ordinary? Switch to these features which gives you extraordinary feel for your fantasy sports app:
1. Key Player Forecast: Instant prediction of key players that hold a place in playing team.
2. Cricket Quiz Play: Frequent conducting of quiz for users to improve the skill and earn rewards.
3. Point System: Earning points for activities will be used in playing a game or earning cash.
4. Champion and Score Prediction: Conduct winner or score prediction quiz and right prediction must get reward points
5. Match Highlights: Quick highlight feature for the people who missed some part from the game. It helps them to analyze the game in a better way.
6. Player Info (Last Match Performance): To analyze the player, there should be an option where one can see the history of the player to predict more accurately.
7. Live Performance Status: This feature showcases the live status of both teams and players and other aspects of the game.
8. Highlights of Match: In this feature, people can see the short videos of the match, predicted results and various other related information
9. Be Friend and Chat Model: Option to follow the player and chat privately.
10. Live Match Changes: This feature allows the user to exchange the player and to switch the captain and vice-captain in the middle of the match.
Here are the features which as an app developer you will need to include in your Dream11 clone app for the users.
Logging in to unique accounts is probably the first and most crucial feature that needs to be present in this app. The users will need to log in and create their own account. From this account, they will take part in fantasy sports. Details like email ID, personal number, a unique username, etc. are must for the initial log in.
The landing screen is the home screen where the users will land once the login is complete. The users will come across several sports game that is being played. Even, the upcoming matches will also be displayed on the landing page. On the landing screen, you will need to provide the users with a filter to search according to their preferences. They must be able to filter results by the sport, type of matches, date, tournament, etc. Once the filters are applied, the candidates will get their preferred results. Now, they are going to be redirected to the contest page.
On the contest page, the users will be able to see the details of the contest they will participate in their Dream11 clone app. The details can be filtered by – Entry Fee Range, Winning amount, Winners Count, Winning Range, Contest Type, and Contest Size, etc. The participants should be able to view the results according to their requirements and join the game.
As the name suggests, this feature will accept the participants to join the contest. They will need to pay the required entry fee and start participating in the fantasy game.
This is an important feature to add in the application. The users will be able to personalize their profile from this feature. Apart from updating their profile, the users can also check – reward points gained, details of their account, bonus, transaction history, option to add cash, Referral option, etc. The profile settings feature will, therefore, give full control of their account to the users. They will be able to make the necessary changes, whenever they want to.
So here are the important features that you must include in your fantasy sports app development that is going to be a Dream11 clone. These contestant/participant-centric features are very much vital for the overall functionality of the application. Now we will move on to the next section that will show you the characteristics of the admin user.
You are now aware of the features for the participants which are required in the application. Now have a look at the features that are necessary for the admin users for your app.
The admin user can log in to their account using this feature by entering the password and username. Without logging into their accounts, the users will not be able to participate.
It is the dashboard where the users will get to know about various statistical figures. These include a total number of matches played and information regarding the total number of contestants. It will also show the total earnings of the users in the application.
This feature gives the user the ability to manage their entire account. Using this particular feature, users can edit, activate, delete or even deactivate their account.
This feature is very important to manage and coordinate the different games ongoing. From this section, the admin can manage all the game categories, adds, edit, delete or even deactivate a match contest if needed.
The most exciting prospect of a fantasy application is the rewards and earnings of an individual. Using this feature, users will be able to get full details about their earnings. The transaction and balance will be present for the user.
The report manager feature allows application users to get access to various reports. For example, earnings report, player ranking reports, etc. will be available because of the inclusion of this feature in your fantasy cricket app development.
As you can see, these are some of the top features for the admin users which are essential in your fantasy sports app development project. These features add more convenience, flexibility, and ease of access to several aspects of the app. Therefore, it is essential to include them for a better in-app experience.
We have discussed in details about the two crucial sections of your fantasy sports app. But here is a bonus to you which will enlighten you about some more added features that you can include.
The live score feature engages the contestants into a real-time experience of the game that they are playing. They can keep a check on the games, highlights, and real-time score.
Push notification feature will keep the users notified about important events. It will surely remind them about a game that is about to begin or the game results.
Email reminders will notify and keep the users updated via emails regarding upcoming matches and games for the Dream11 Clone app.
Every single drop contributes to making an ocean. In a similar way, every developer is essential in app development. An individual cannot perform complete tasks. Whether it’s a small project, it requires the team to work upon it. So how much these developers cost? What are the criteria they work on? Let’s find out.
The basic team consists of five entities that give their 100% to make the project a win-win deal.
1. Project Manager: It is very necessary for one to see the entire process from beginning to end. The client must be updated with the current status of the project. This crucial task is taken in-charged by Project Manager. This super manager who is an intermediator between the team and the client took the note at every stage of the project and makes the completion before deadlines.
2. Designers: The designers make sure that the app looks engaging and is easy in use. From color combinations to the arrangement of buttons on the mobile screen, the designers are responsible for the design and structure of the application. It is time-consuming because, at this stage, the client may take revisions for designs.
3. Developer: Developer gives life to the designs by the designers. The lines of codes are written to add functionalities and various other features. The developer potters the application by coding all the required features.
4. Back-end developer: After the application is developed, it is very important to know whether the app is compatible with the database or not. To ensure the correct connectivity, the back-end developer keeps the check on the application connectivity with the server and database.
5. Tester: It observes the quality of code sections and assures the outcome meets all the requirements.
|Team Member||Duties||Hourly Cost|
|Project Manager||Bridges the Gap between development team and client requirements||$20+|
|Developer||Create Logic and implement them with code||$30+|
|Back-end-Developer||Maintain the database, server and app||$25+|
|Designer||Creates a user interactive interface||$15+|
|Tester||ensures bug free app delivery before and after launch||$20+|
Designs are the soul of the app development. A better user interface always leads to a successful app. In mobile application development, design consists of logos, wireframes, visual, color combinations, etc. App designing plays a vital role in cost estimation. The factors impacting the cost are:
1. Geography: It is observed that the rates may differ from where the developer belongs to. Comparing to Indian developers, the US developer costs quite high. The cost for the designers and developers varies from country to country.
2. Complexity: The more features and functionalities you add to the application, the more the complex it will get. When the complex apps require a brilliant experience and therefore, the complex apps lead to high charges by app developers.
3. Android/iOS: iPhone developers are less in number as compared to Android developers. Android development is a simple-command and run development whereas the iPhone requires tough level coding. Therefore, Android app development charges less whereas iPhone developer demands high.
4. Ionic: The development in ionic runs on both Android and iOS platforms. The coding is complex and requires a lot of experience. One time of coding and get your app runs on both the platforms (android and iOS). It is obvious that Ionic development is expensive than android/iOS.
Here are all the details about the features which you need to have in your application. The fantasy cricket app development process is not easy, but it is not impossible as well. Fantasy sports mobile apps have a bright prospect in the coming days. The demand for fantasy app development will rise by 30% in the next five years. However, you need to emphasize these features and successfully create a fantastic fantasy sports application.
My name is Hemendra Singh. I am Managing Director and co-founder of The NineHertz, a Mobile App Development Company. I am having a keen interest in the latest trends and technologies that are emerging in different domains. Being an entrepreneur in the field of IT sector, it becomes my responsibility to aid my audience with the knowledge of latest trends in the market.
Get the latest insights of technologies, trends, and market. Learn More and Stay Ahead.
‘Ionic is the most native-like a framework for the development of iconic mobile application development surveyed by Kissmetrics’
The alliance of mobile apps with the native-like framework is inseparable. When the…
Planning to build a mobile app that follows on every platform and gives a seamless experience to your users? Hire an Ionic developer that can help you deliver a consistent…
Do you have a plan to run a supermarket and still don't have a mobile application? In that case, this post can be quite beneficial for you. There are a…
We would be happy to hear from you, Please fill in the form below or mail us your requirements on
Renowned mobile app development company delivering user-engaging mobile applications for multiple industry verticals.
925 Battery Ave SE, Atlanta, GA,
United States 30339
727 Forum Apartments,
Martin Luther King Dr W,
Cincinnati, OH 45220
26 Hylion Road,
Unit 2, 32 Homebush Road,
New South Wales -2135
Apartment 512 Building 49,
P. No.31, Shree Krishna Tower,
Nirman Nagar- E,
Opposite Asopa Hospital,
Jaipur (Raj.) India-302019